Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Miss Universe Philippines 2025 and Miss Universe 3rd runner-up Ahtisa Manalo signs with Sparkle GMA Artist Center and uses her voice to speak out against the objectification of women while opening a new chapter beyond pageantry.

A new chapter begins for reigning Miss Universe Philippines 2025 and Miss Universe 2025 3rd Runner-Up Ahtisa Manalo as she officially joins Sparkle GMA Artist Center, signaling her transition from the pageant stage to a broader career in entertainment and advocacy.


During her contract signing with Sparkle on Tuesday, March 10, Manalo shared both excitement for her future and strong views on a social issue she believes still plagues society today: the objectification and sexualization of women.

“I think it’s a deeply concerning issue: up until now, women are treated as objects. It’s pervasive in our society, sadly, even with the recent news happening,” she said.

Being silent not an option for Ahtisa

For Manalo, silence is not an option. The beauty queen emphasized that calling out inappropriate behavior is crucial to stopping it.

“I think it all starts with the right way of calling it out, making sure that it doesn’t go unnoticed. You won’t let it happen because if you let it happen, you’re also part of the problem. So, calling it out is a great way to do it, to let people know that it’s not okay to do that,” she stressed.

Her remarks came amid public discussions sparked by controversial comments made about actress Anne Curtis during a recent Congressional hearing.

Beyond speaking out, Manalo also appealed to netizens to practice empathy online. According to her, the words people casually type on social media can have real consequences for those on the receiving end.

Think before you click

“I’m sure anyone who says anything has feelings. And knowing that, just put yourself in the situation—kapag ikaw ‘yong sinabihan, how would you feel?” she said.

“I think it’s not okay to make people feel a certain way. They are people. They have feelings and lives. And sometimes, the things you say actually affect their lives. So, please be careful about what you say online,” she added.

The contract signing marks a long-awaited partnership for the beauty queen, who revealed that joining Sparkle had actually been in the works earlier.


“Even before I signed, I already felt the love and care from GMA. A little bit of information—I was supposed to sign last year but I decided to do Miss Universe Philippines. It feels right to be here now at this time,” Manalo shared.

Now that her pageant journey has concluded, the 27-year-old beauty is eager to explore new opportunities in show business, where she will be co-managed by Sparkle and Empire Artist Management.

“It feels like the perfect timing because, now, I’m opening my doors to opportunities and new things because tapos na ’ko sa pageant journey ko. I can’t ask for a better family than GMA,” she said.

As for dream collaborations, Manalo did not hesitate to name one of the country’s biggest stars.

The beauty queen revealed she hopes to work with Alden Richards in the future.


With her crown, voice, and growing platform, Manalo appears ready to prove that her influence goes far beyond the pageant stage this time shining under a new spotlight.

 
 

I think it’s a deeply concerning issue: up until now, women are treated as objects. It’s pervasive in our society, sadly, even with the recent news happening.

Ahtisa Manalo

 
 

READ: