
Actress Kaye Abad details a yearlong breast cancer battle in emotional vlog reveal.
Actress Kaye Abad marked a deeply personal milestone after revealing that she has overcome one of the toughest battles of her life: her private fight against breast cancer.
In an emotional vlog released during her birthday celebration, Kaye opened up for the first time about the year-long journey that tested her physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The video documented her treatments, moments of uncertainty, and the unwavering support she received from her family, especially her husband, Paul Jake Castillo.
The actress became emotional as she recalled the moment her doctor finally gave her the news she had been praying for.
“She declared, as of now you can declare that you’re a survivor and you’re cancer free… I’ve been waiting for this day,” Kaye shared tearfully as she embraced Paul Jake.
Looking back, Kaye admitted she began documenting her journey without knowing what lay ahead.
“From the very first day na nag-start ako mag-film for this vlog, wala akong idea what was ahead of me. I didn’t know what treatments I would go through, how hard the journey would be, or if I would even survive it,” she said.
“For one year, ang daming moments of uncertainty. But also so much faith, hope, and love that carried me through. And today I can finally say, “I am a cancer survivor.”
Kaye revealed that her health concerns began in 2024 after experiencing persistent abdominal pain, which eventually led doctors to discover gallbladder stones. Following surgery, her doctors encouraged her to undergo additional screenings, including a mammogram.
What initially seemed like a routine precaution soon became a life-changing diagnosis.
“While the doctor was talking, parang lumulutang ang mga words na sinasabi niya. Parang hindi ko ma-absorb. Ang clear lang sa akin is ‘yong sinabi niya na from the photo of the mammogram, it’s 95% malignant,” she recalled.
The actress later confirmed that she had tested positive for breast cancer.
Despite the devastating news, Kaye said her faith became her strongest anchor throughout the ordeal.
“I know I’ll be okay. God is good. I know everything will be okay and kaya ko ‘to,” she said.
The couple eventually decided to continue her treatment in Singapore, hoping for the best possible care and outcome.
“This is the most heart-wrecking part… I will miss these guys. I hope I won’t be staying too long there,” she said tearfully while speaking about her sons.
Even amid uncertainty, Kaye said fear never fully consumed her because of her unwavering trust in God.
“Pero walang takot. Walang halong takot kasi alam kong hindi ako pababayaan ng Diyos,” she shared.
She also reflected on the emotional burden of quietly carrying her illness while trying to continue life as normally as possible.
“I didn’t pretend I wasn’t sick. I just pretended to be well.”
Now officially cancer-free, Kaye proudly embraces the title of survivor, a title earned through months of treatments, prayers, and resilience.
Despite the devastating news, Kaye Abad said her faith became her strongest anchor throughout the ordeal.
READ:
Ashley Rivera breaks down in emotional video as mom battles cancer
Kiko Escuadro
April 1, 2026
Maria Isabel Lopez on the road to recovery after car crash
Kiko Escuadro
April 27, 2026
Rissa Mananquil Trillo reveals cancer battle
radar Lifestyle
April 15, 2026
